As great as the body of a Tempurpedic mattress can be, the surface will need to be cleaned off once in a while. A regular cleaning will keep odors and other bothersome things off of your mattress. Cleaning off the surface may also extend the lifespan of your mattress.
There are several steps that have to be used accordingly when you aim to clean off your Tempurpedic mattress. You will find that these steps are all very easy to follow and utilize in your own home.
- Remove the covers, pads, and other items that cover your Tempurpedic mattress.
You can clean off those items separately but check on their care instructions as listed on their labels.
- Add baking soda onto the mattress. Allow the baking soda to stick around for about 45 to 60 minutes.
Baking soda helps to clear out the odors that might have moved into your mattress over time.
- Vacuum off the mattress.
A vacuum will help you remove any dust, lint, or other items that might get in the way of the cleaning process, not to mention the baking soda you just used. A hand-held vacuum works, but a gentle attachment that goes onto a larger model may work too. Go over the entire mattress at least twice to ensure you cover everything.
- Move your mattress over to a bathtub or other spot outside your house that can take in any water or other items you will add onto it while cleaning it off.
- Add one cup of water and about half a cup of a gentle fabric cleaner into a spray bottle. Be sure to shake the bottle so everything mixes right.
- Spray the mattress with the fabric cleaner. Make sure you cover every spot.
- Allow the mattress to rest for about 30 to 60 minutes. The fabric cleaner needs time to settle in.
- Rinse off the mattress after that time period goes by.
You can press some parts of the mattress if you need to remove some excess water, but be gentle. Any excess pressure on the surface may cause intense fatigue all around the mattress.
9. Add another solution that features about one cup of water and a quarter-cup of vinegar.
Vinegar works well as a natural cleansing agent. Remember to shake this well too.
- Spray the vinegar mixture on the mattress. Allow the mixture to settle it in about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse off the mattress once again.
- Allow the mattress to dry for about one or two days.
It may take a while for the mattress to dry out due to the moisture and cleaning items added. Be sure the place you store the mattress at is ventilated and allows enough air to naturally move through, thus allowing the mattress to dry quickly. Keep the surface elevated if possible. Also, a heat-free air dryer may help you speed up the drying process, but keep the airspeed level on that dryer to a minimum.
Expect to spend about a day or two allowing the mattress to dry off after you clean it. The process may take a bit, but it will be worthwhile if you know how to keep the surface comfortable.
These steps for how to clean a Tempurpedic mattress are important to follow if you want to keep your mattress lasting for as long as it can. Be sure to use these points to improve upon how well your mattress will feel while ensuring the mattress will stay comfortable as you get the surface cleaned off right and with comfort in mind.