A waterbed mattress is different from what you might find out of many other beds on the market. This mattress, as the name suggests, is filled with water.
A bed such as this will use the water as a base that allows a fiber top to stay flexible. As the water moves through the area, the fiber will conform to different movements. This helps create a comfortable surface for sleeping. You can even find some waterbed mattresses that allow your movements to remain separate without bothering someone else on the bed.
You don’t have to worry about running out of water inside the mattress either. Your unit will come with a small port that lets you add water into the bed. You can add this whenever you need some extra coverage over the mattress or when you feel the liquid has evaporated on the inside.
There are three particular options you can choose from when finding a good waterbed mattress for your home needs:
- You can find many waterbed mattress models today, but some of the more popular ones out there now are waveless mattresses. A waveless model has several fiber inserts that control how water moves inside the bed, thus adding to the physical support provided by the surface.
- A free flow mattress that has a water-supported base without baffles can also work if you want a bed that works for many sleeping positions.
- A semi-waveless mattress with some fiber inserts can work if you want something that goes in between a soft or firm model.
The options you have to work with are extensive. But what should you consider when finding the best waterbed mattress that you can utilize?
Let’s look at some of the top choices you have for a waterbed mattress. You will be intrigued by some of the many options available for your use today.
The first option to use for the best waveless waterbed mattress is this model from Boyd Specialty Sleep. The bed offers a virgin vinyl body on the outside to prevent leaks from developing. This is a new vinyl surface that has not been modified to include any filler materials. This produces a strong body that not only feels comfortable but is also quieter.
Four-layer corners run on the ends of the mattress. The corners provide a stronger body for keeping the mattress intact while in any position.
Three lumbar fiber layers work on this mattress. The compounds add a soft surface that creates a relaxed body without being too hard to conform to as you get to sleep.
- The sturdy body does not puncture fast
- Keeps you in a comfortable position
- The water port for the mattress is easy to load up and clear out
- Works only on a hard-side frame made with waterbeds in mind
- Heavy at a little more than 30 pounds
Look for this option from Innomax, one of the top companies in the waterbed mattress industry. The layout here uses seven layers of padding and foam to go alongside the water space. The organization creates a waveless surface that keeps the water in its place to produce a carefully laid out design. The 22 Mil vinyl body with reinforced corners adds a secure space that keeps the body intact.
You can use a mattress pad with this mattress. Innomax has provided this alongside the bed to create a protective surface while help you keep your bed sheets from shifting as you sleep.
A tethered support system works on the corners to secure your bed sheets. The supports fit perfectly alongside the reinforced guards located nearby.
- Simple fill valve setup
- The soft design adds enough support for your entire body
- The included mattress pad adds a smooth style that conforms alongside the water
- Needs regular conditioner to work
- Takes a bit to fill up
The most significant point about this choice for the best waveless waterbed mattress is that it features a virgin vinyl body that is cut to perfection while offering a simple fill valve setup. The contours produced by the cover create a better surface that conforms well to your body’s natural shape.
A four-layer wave reduction setup uses many layers of baffles and supports to protect the mattress. The surface keeps the flow of water from being too intense.
- Comfortable design offers a consistent body for sleeping
- You will not distract anyone else sleeping on the mattress
- Easy to fill and drain with the included drain valve setup
- Water can evaporate quickly from inside the mattress body
Available in five sizes, this Innomax semi-waveless waterbed mattress uses an easy to access waterbed chamber. You can open up the valve and add or clear out water in seconds on this model. Any fill or release kit can work on this bed to handle the water.
The fluid chamber includes several baffles to keep the flow of water from being too intense, thus producing a more stable surface. The comfortable design of the mattress works with many support spaces, including baffles that work on the top, bottom, and middle parts of the mattress. This creates a better amount of support for all parts of your body and even encourages the natural positioning of your body as you sleep.
- The sturdy body prevents leaks
- Does not promote partner disturbance on larger models
- The soft surface offers enough movement without as you change positions on the mattress
- Does not come with a heater or other accessories
- Does not have a safety liner
You can find this Genesis semi-waveless waterbed in many large sizes including in a queen layout. A thick vinyl body comes on the top with reinforced corners made to keep the surface from leaking or wearing out too quickly.
The port for filling the waterbed with water is found on the bottom part of the mattress near the top area. The spot on the bed recesses well into the inside part of the mattress, thus keeping the mattress from coming apart or leaking while in use.
- Offers a slight rise in the middle to support your back
- Can work on a wooden hard-side frame without risking punctures
- The comfortable surface feels well even after you add a fitted sheet on top of it
- The baffles can become loose if the mattress is not filled properly
- You may need extra foam vinyl rails on the sides for a better fit
You can find this Better Sleep mattress in many sizes including in a single or double layout. This model uses reinforced covers where the vinyl is a little thicker at the ends. This adds a better amount of coverage that keeps the mattress intact.
A two-ounce resin-bonded fiber operates at the top part of the mattress. This goes over the main water space inside the mattress to add a soft surface. The fiber conforms well over the water to create a comfortable and soft surface for sleep.
The construction is organized with a thick vinyl body. A T-shell design is laid out around the body to keep the weight as evenly as possible.
- The contour surface offers a relaxed body without being too light or soft
- The construction remains intact even when you move around the bed
- Lightweight build
- Takes a bit for the water to move around well after being filled
- The baffles may come loose if not handled well
Free Flow Models
You can find various free flow mattresses that allow water to move freely without baffles. This Innomax model is the first option to look at here. The Sanctuary mattress is made with a 20 Mil vinyl body profile. The design offers a sturdy and thick design that can handle as much tension as necessary. The double-reinforced corner guards keep the mattress protected. A fill valve is used with a useful pull cap-based seal to keep the air inside.
- A soft design on the mattress body
- Does not tear apart quickly
- The nine-inch depth adds a sturdy design
- Feels slightly centered around the foot line
- Might not handle far too much weight
You can also order this Classic Premium Line model for your free flow mattress needs. The mattress can be found in many sizes, including in a California King layout.
The 22 Mil vinyl body comes with reinforced corners to keep leaks from developing. The surface offers 15 to 20 seconds of movement on average. This time frame helps as it ensures the surface will conform to your natural movements while in the bed
- Does not produce lots of air bubbles
- An opaque surface keeps the mattress looking natural
- Fills up easily and in seconds
- Conditioner has to be regularly applied to keep the mattress working
- The physical layout does not look too visually appealing
A Final Note and Verdict
Each of these options is great, but we have determined that the Boyd Specialty Sleep mattress is the best choice for you to utilize. This mattress offers a better waveless layout that is easy to use and offers a comfortable surface for sleeping. The ease of how the mattress can be filled makes it a popular choice that we approve of the most.
But regardless of what you use, each of these choices is worth looking at when you need help with finding the best waterbed mattress for your use. You will find that there are many valuable options out there that will help you with getting the rest you deserve in any situation needed.
But whatever you want to do, you need to take a look at how well a mattress can work for you. You can use a waveless option or something that allows the water to move a little more within the bed. Be sure you look at how well the design is laid out and that you have an option that offers a comfortable layout all the way through. By finding a great mattress for your use, you will find something that does well for keeping you a great surface you will love to sleep on.